Holiday Mail for Heroes is underway and we couldn’t be more excited! Now in its third year, Pitney Bowes has partnered with us once again to bring holiday greetings into the hands of service members and veterans, many of whom will be away from home this season.
|Amy Grant's holiday card design|
Here in Arizona, some of our PIOs (Public Information Officers) in Peoria Library conducted a Holiday Mail for Heroes event last week, complete with Christmas music, markers, and holiday cheer to create some joy for the Armed Forces.
Tomorrow afternoon, we will be out in full force in Bashas' across the valley, giving people a chance to take a moment and write on provided cards that will be sent out. How cool is that?
Since we are passionate about serving military families and this is a great way to gather the community together and express appreciation for defending our freedoms.
1) Deadline for cards to be postmarked is December 10th, so don’t wait until December when you are busy with holiday shopping!
2) Get the word out! Talk about it with friends, encourage others via email, post your excitement on your Facebook page, or mention @mail4heroes in your tweets.
3) Print and post this 8.5”x11” poster with information about the program where people can see it and get involved.
4) Check out Holiday Mail activities in your community or start your own Holiday Mail for Heroes Drive.
Pitney Bowes receives all the cards, screens them for hazardous materials, sorts and package the cards, and delivers them to military bases and hospitals, veteran’s hospitals and other locations during the holidays. Here's some things to keep in mind:
• Send heartfelt sentiments
• Sign cards
• Use generic titles
• Observe card limits
• Bundle card groups
• Send personal letters,
care packages or monetary gifts
• Give personal information
• Use glitter or confetti
• Include inserts of any kind
We're looking forward to seeing how everyone participates this year!
Holiday cards should be addressed and sent to:
Holiday Mail for Heroes
P.O. Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456